WHAT IS AADHAAR CARD?
Aadhar Card is an “Identification Proof” of Indian Citizen which contains Aadhar holder’s details like Name, Address, Mobile Number, Gender, Date Of Birth, Finger Print Data and with 12-digit unique identity number or Aadhar number (which is different for all persons).
It was launched on 28 January 2009 by our previous prime minister “Dr. Manmohan Singh”. Day by Day the Importance of Aadhar Card is increasing. Government is making Aadhar Card Necessary to avail many Schemes like The PAHAL scheme(LPG gas subsidy), Direct Benefit Transfer schemes, Benefits in Awas Yojana, Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana, Bank Process etc.
So, If you Don’t have your Aadhar Card or if you want to correct your Aadhar details then We highly recommend you to go to your nearest Aadhar Enrolment Centre.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF HAVING AN AADHAAR CARD?
Aadhaar is known as unique identification number so you can use Aadhar card as
- Proof of Identity
- Proof of Address
- Access to Government Subsidy
- Needed to open and operate Bank Accounts
- Income Tax – Adhaar is a mandatory requirement for processing and filing income tax returns
- Needed when you buy a new sim
- Phone Connection
- Gas Connection
- Mutual Fund – Aadhaar Card is beneficial to complete e-KYC for mutual fund investments
AADHAR UPDATE PROCESS
1. First, you need to visit UIDAI official website and then click on the “Aadhar Update Request (Online)” under Aadhaar update section.
2. Then Log in with your 12 digit aadhar card number
3. After that Select Appropriate field, which you want to Update, such as – Name, Address, Mobile Number, Gender and Date of Birth.
4. Fill out the Correct Information in the given Form.
5. Upload Identity Documents for Verification purpose (like- PAN Card, DL, Passport, Voter ID, Ration Card etc)
Then Click on Submit.
That’s it! Your New Aadhar Will be available within a few weeks once your application will be accepted.
CHECK AADHAR UPDATE STATUS BY URN OR SRN NUMBER
Step-1 First, visit this URL of UIDAI – https://www.uidai.gov.in/
Step-2 Now click on “Check Status – Update has done Online” which is under ‘Aadhaar Update’ section or you can directly visit this link – Click Here.
Step-3 After a new window opened, Fill all the details correctly like- Aadhar number, URN or SRN (fill one of them, which you have) and fill Text Verification/captcha as shown in the image. Then click on “Get Status” button.
Now If your Aadhar Correction Process have successfully verified then You can able to Download New Eaadhar but if it is under process then you need to wait for few days and then check again using same URN Number.
WHAT ARE URN AND SRN?
URN – Unique Request Number
When you apply for Aadhar Correction/Update and fill up application, after submitting an application you will get your URN number which will help to track your new Updated Aadhar card online.
SRN – Service Request Number
When you apply for Aadhar Correction/Update and fill up application, after submitting an application you will get your SRN number through SMS in your mobile number which is registered with your Aadhar card by UIDAI.
So, We advise you to kindly SAVE URN and SRN on your Mobile Device or Write it down in your Personal Diary where you can Easily Remember for future use.
HOW TO CHECK AADHAR UPDATE STATUS ONLINE?
- First, Visit Aadhar card official website – https://www.uidai.gov.in/
- Click on “Check Aadhaar Status”, which is under “Aadhaar Enrolment” section.
- Then enter your Enrolment ID, Date & Time and Security code/Captcha code as shown in the image.
If your Aadhar card is Generated then you can see a Congratulation message on your screen and you can see options to download your Aadhar card online or get Aadhar on your mobile.
So, If you want to download then simply click on “Download Aadhaar” option.
Or in case you want to get your Aadhaar on mobile, you can select the Get Aadhaar on Mobile option.
HOW TO CHECK AADHAAR CARD STATUS THROUGH MOBILE NUMBER
CHECK AADHAR CARD STATUS THROUGH SMS
Go to the message box and type “UID STATUS <14 DIGIT ENROLLMENT ID>” and Send it to ‘51969’.
Note- when you entering your Enrollment Id, Always remove slashes (/) in between them and write only numbers when you sending the message.
Always use the same mobile number which you registered with your Aadhar card.
HOW TO CHECK AADHAAR CARD STATUS BY CALLING THE TOLL-FREE NUMBER
If you want to know your Aadhar card status by calling Aadhar support, then you need to call the Aadhar support toll-free number ‘1947’. But before you call them to know your Aadhar card status it’s important to keep the Enrollment ID handy.
HOW TO CHECK AADHAAR STATUS WITHOUT KNOWING AADHAR CARD NUMBER AND ENROLLMENT NUMBER.
1. First, you need to click on this link – https://resident.uidai.gov.in/find-uid-eid
2. Then in “Select UID/EID” section, select Aadhaar Number (UID ) or Enrolment Number (EID) option which you want to retrieve or to find.
3. After that in “Personal Detail” section fill all your details correctly like – Full Name, Email, Mobile and Security code as shown in the image.
4. After filling all the details click on “Send OTP” option.
5. The OTP you will get either on the email ID or on the mobile number. Enter the received OTP in the specified field.
6. Then click on ‘Verify OTP’ option.
Once the verification is successful, the Aadhaar Number or Enrolment Number is sent either on your email ID or on your registered mobile number.
HOW TO CHECK AADHAAR STATUS THROUGH INDIA POST
Once your Aadhar process completed and dispatched by UIDAI, It will be sent to the residential address of applicant through the post within 60 to 90 days. You can track your Aadhar card online through India post official website by following below steps:
1- Go to the India Post Official website.
2- Enter the consignment details that you can get from Aadhaar website.
3- Then, you can see the details of Aadhaar consignment on your screen.
If you want to check Aadhar card status through Indian post, Then you can send your details such as – your Enrolment number and Date & Time of your Enrolment to UIDAI by post. You will get the response by post in some day.
Address to send –
Post Box No. 99, Banjara Hills,
I hope you like this post and you will get all details about How to check Aadhar card status online But if you have any questions related to this then you can ask me in the comment section. Share this post on Social Media to help others. THANK YOU.